Isuzu has added three models to its KB bakkie range in South Africa, among them an automatic version of its 4×4 flagship with a “class-leading” infotainment system, keyless entry and stop/start fuel-saving.
Isuzu SA is currently into its sixth generation of the KB.
Mechanical upgrades include a “wholesale change to a significantly uprated version of the 2.5-litre DTEQ turbo-diesel Fleetside and LE models”.
“Each Isuzu KB is purpose-built for a clearly defined role in our uniquely demanding market,” says a media release from the auto distributor, “and tested to cope effortlessly with its particular application.
“The KB nomenclature is unique to southern Africa and has been in use since 1981 though the Chevrolet light-utility brand was introduced in 1972.”
Which, basically, means the brand has learned its market in South Africa and gradually amended its products to cope with the terrain on which its products will be expected to operate.
Here’s a précis of the changes for 2015…
- New flagship: Isuzu KB300 LX 4×4 Double Cab auto
- Addition of five-speed automatic transmission option adds refinement and ease of use for those seeking an SUV with a ‘bak’
- Standout exterior features include LED daytime running lights and LED technology in the rear lamps for improved visibility
- Class-leading payload and towing capacity
- Class-leading emissions and fuel consumption from tried and tested 3.0-litre turbodiesel
- Upmarket interior with keyless stop/start ignition – a segment first
- Touch-screen infotainment centre with integrated DVD, reversing camera and satellite navigation – a segment first
- New workhorse models: Extended Cab and Double Cab Fleetside 4x2s
- 100kW/320Nm 2.5-litre common-rail/direct-injection turbodiesel with variable geometry turbocharger boasts class-leading consumption and emission characteristics
- Bluetooth-enabled sound system for easy phone integration
- Rugged, black plastic bumper/valance designed in Isuzu’s school of hard knocks
- 16” wheels rims shod with 245/70 dual-purpose tyres
- Stability Control for all but entry-level single cabs
- 100kW/320Nm replacement engine across the range
- Height-adjustable steering-column added to entry models
- Cruise control operation now on the steering-wheel for LE double cabs
- New cloth trim for LE and LX models
All Isuzu KB models are sold with a five-year or 200 000km warranty and roadside assistance programme, a five-year unlimited distance anti-corrosion warranty and a five-year or 90 000km service plan.
Service intervals 15 000 km or 12 months for all derivatives. For more details and prices contact your nearest Isuzu South Africa dealer here.