LONDON, England – Mitsubishi Motors has enhanced its SUV range with the launch on some markets of an extensively-revised 2020 Mitsubishi ASX with a technical specification in line with the rest of the Mitsubishi Motors SUV range.
It will be available with auto transmission and all-wheel drive.
Its maker says the 2020 ASX has what Jeep calls ”a chunkier design as seen on the rest of the range” while a new two-litre engine brings better performance and superior refinement. There are also significant interior changes and extra safety features.
Prices in the UK start at the equivalent of about R375 000.
Some of the new and changed features:
- All-new sheet metal from the windscreen forward with new LED headlights and bolder Dynamic Shield styling
- New rear bumpers and new LED rear light-clusters
- New design complimented by new colours – red or brown – and 18” alloy wheels rims
- Two-litre MIVEC petrol engine capable of 112kW/195Nm
- Front-wheel drive with five-speed manual; AWD with six-speed constantly variable transmission and paddle shifts
Enhanced safety features:
- Full LED lighting – headlights and DRLs (plus diode foul-weather lights (some models)
- Active stability control with traction control and gradient start assistance
- Reversing camera
- Blind-spot warning, lane-change aid and rear cross-traffic alert (some models)
- New 20cm touchscreen smartphone link
- DAB, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- TomTom satnav on some models
- New upholstery, leather trim, piano black and silver accents, black headliner (various models)