CAPE TOWN, South Africa – Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has announced prices for its Caddy range that was originally launched in SA in 1992 and has so far delivered more than 35 000 of the more than three-million units assembled globally since 1979.
The new Caddy will be available in South Africa from February 2022 from VW dealers nationwide with new nomenclature… Caddy, Caddy Maxi, Caddy Kombi, Caddy Maxi Kombi, Caddy Cargo and Caddy Maxi Cargo.
The newbies will have diode head- and tail-lights, body-coloured bumpers (choice of 12), and black roof-rails. Optional exterior features will include a glass roof-panel, removable towball, 1500kg load capacity that can accept two standard pallets, and 16” Wien alloy wheel-rims.
Some of VW’s ”most advanced” driving assistance systems will be available: cruise control, parking radar, rear camera, and ”trailer manoeuvring” assistance.
There’ll also be a choice of two engines – 81kW 1.6i or 81kW – or two-litre turbodiesel.
…AND SO TO THE PRICES (VAT and emissions tax included, each with manual gearbox)
- Caddy 1.6i 81kW – R484 200
- Caddy 2.0 TDI 81kW – R573 800
- Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI 81kW – R600 400
- Caddy Kombi 1.6i 81kW – R412 100
- Caddy Kombi 2.0 TDI 81kW – R476 100
- Caddy Maxi Kombi 2.0 TDI 81kW – R502 700
- Caddy Cargo 1.6i 81kW – R404 000
- Caddy Cargo 2.0 TDI 81kW – R460 600
- Caddy Maxi Cargo 2.0 TDI 81kW – R487 200
Depending on model, they will be delivered with either a three-year or 120 000km warranty or two-year unlimited distance warranty. Each will have a 12-year anti corrosion warranty.
Service intervals – 15 000km.